Monday, March 28, 2011

Let's start with the Grandson!

Anyone who has grandkids will understand! They're just the best thing to happen! So as I introduce my family I'm going to start with my grandson's family. His mother is the "Dairymaid" daughter, his dad is the "Pilot", together they're natural, grass-based farmers. They have a farm in Lebanon, Oregon where they raise chickens, pigs, and beef cows on grass for meat. They also have free range hens, hundreds of them, for eggs and a milk cow (... only one,... one only she told him!!). Their farm is "Taylor Made Farms" and I'm going to include a direct link from this post, I hope! Since pictures are worth a thousand words I'm going to show you around Taylor Made Farm (TMF) with pictures.


The grandson "Woody"



Cleaning the chicken water
 It seems that whenever we have a family get-to-gather it's at TMF because they have a hard time getting away with all the chores. So, when there are extra hands around there are always jobs that require extra hands. My kids are great about helping out and the boyfriends and son-in-laws are learning to bring work clothes for all family get-to-gathers.


The "Dairymaid" daughter




Chicken processing
The Artist's boyfriend getting to know the piggies
 So, whether it's chicken processing, fencing building, collecting eggs or putting a a hoop house, my kids are always up to the challenge.

Building a hoop house for the chickens while the Thanksgiving Turkey cooks!



Some of their Registered Shorthorn cattle





"Outstanding in her field" The artist daughter

Time to feed the broilers




I almost forgot to add the link:


Taylor Made Farm

No comments:

Post a Comment